Spinning workouts are methods of doing cardio workouts. Furthermore, these workouts are designed in a way to give maximum results in a minimum possible workout duration. As a result, you can lose more weight rapidly after joining. Moreover, you can join professional spin classes or make your spin workout routines at home.
Spinning Workout Routines
30-minute Tabata Spinning Workout
The name ‘Tabata’ represents the founder of the Tabata-style workouts, who designed a speedy short-duration high-intensity interval training (HIIT). Moreover, the Tabata workouts aim to achieve better results in a relatively short amount of time for a busy schedule and will be suitable for you who seem to have several daily chores. Here is a guide containing steps to be followed for this spinning workout.
§ Cycle lightly for a 5-minute warm-up.
§ Cycle for 20 seconds with moderate speed and then for 10. Repeat this for 16 sets.
§ Follow with a 1-minute slow cycling
§ High-intensity cycling for 40 seconds, followed by 20 seconds of recovery. Do eight repetitions (8 minutes total).
§ Do another 1-minute cycling with slow speed.
§ Follow with a 1-minute cycling sprint at your max speed.
§ Relax for last 5 minutes
A 45-Minute Indoor Cycling Workout
Furthermore, the 45-minute indoor cycling routine aims to lose weight in under an hour. So, it is ideal for athletes and runners for their endurance.
Tips For The Routine
- Do a light intensity warm-up for the first 5 minutes, with around 100 RPM cycling.
- Increase resistance to moderate, maintain a 70 rpm cycling and rise out from the saddle for the next 5 minutes.
- Decrease resistance but increase speed to 110 rpm for the next couple of minutes without sitting.
- Keep the resistance but increase the speed to 120 rpm while sitting on the saddle for the next 3 minutes.
- Increase the resistance and also rise out of the saddle, and Cycle at 80 RPM for the next 2 minutes.
- Keep resistance constant but increase speed to 120 RPM without sitting for the next 2 minutes.
- Again Keep resistance but decrease speed to 80 RPM and sit for the next 2 minutes.
- Still keep resistance constant, increase your pace again to 120 RPM without sitting for the next 1 minute.
- Decrease resistance and cycle in 100 RPM while sitting sit next 3 minutes.
- Increase resistance to its full and also rise out of the saddle and Cycle at 70 RPM next 5 minutes.
- For the next 5 minutes, decrease resistance and cycle at 80 RPM. It would help if you did a seated arms workout now.
- For the next 5 minutes, increase resistance to moderate, cycle at 100 RPM, and don’t sit.
- In the last 5 minutes, sit on the saddle and cool down.
At first glance, this routine might seem strict and complicated, but after a few tries, you will get acquainted with the pattern.
60-Minute Endurance Spinning Workout
The 60-minute spinning workout is also based on the same idea but focused more on stamina building. This spinning workout is suitable for the ones looking for a challenge in stamina and intensity.
Here is a guide to the steps to be followed in the endurance spinning workout.
§ Start with a slow pedaling for the first 3 minutes.
§ Pedal at a moderate speed with low resistance for the next minute.
§ Pedal slowly for the following minute.
§ 1 minute of extremely fast (100+ RPM) pedaling in low resistance.
§ Relaxed driving for the next 1 minute.
§ Sprint for the next minute.
§ 2 minutes of comfortable driving in the end
Don’t worry if you are a beginner or an athlete, go for spinning workout. You can use it as a warm-up or your main workout. Moreover, if you are an athlete, do it for increasing stamina, and if you are overweight, it would surely help you lose some extra kilos.